Mass General Brigham Urgent Care is not offering the COVID-19 vaccine or asymptomatic testing. To learn more about the vaccine, visit the Mass General Brigham COVID-19 vaccine webpage.
- Please do not visit the Emergency Room or Urgent Care for routine testing of mild symptoms. Instead, isolate per CDC guidelines and get tested at an appropriate testing site.
- To find testing sites for mild symptoms or asymptomatic tests, please visit Mass.gov/COVID-19-testing for a state testing site near you.
Our Safe Care Commitment is in effect to provide the safest possible environment for our patients, visitors and staff.
- We screen to protect you, your families, and our staff.
- We clean our hands and spaces and make it easy for you to do the same.
- We protect everyone in our environment.
How can I get tested?
- If you have Covid-19-related symptoms, our centers can evaluate you. Symptoms include: cough, fever, loss of smell/taste, muscle aches, runny nose, shortness of breath, or sore throat.
- Our centers do not provide asymptomatic testing (testing for those without Covid-19-related symptoms), including for travel, return to work, or verification of Covid status.
Learn more about our locations.
What is the test like?
The test we use is the viral PCR test. It is done by swabbing your nose.
When should I expect my test results?
Results are usually available within 24-48 hours through the Mass General Brigham Patient Gateway portal. Once the test analysis is complete, COVID-19 test results are immediately available in Patient Gateway.
Please note: positive test results are reported to the Department of Public Health. You may get a call from your local Board of Health or the Massachusetts COVID Team.
In response to COVID-19, Mass General Brigham has plans and resources in place to protect patients, employees, and the community. To learn more about what Mass General Brigham is doing, visit the Mass General Brigham website.