Our Safe Care Commitment is in effect to provide the safest possible environment for our patients, visitors and staff.
- We screen to protect you, your families, and our staff.
- We clean our hands and spaces and make it easy for you to do the same.
- We protect everyone in our environment.
How can I get tested?
- For those who have been exposed to COVID-19 or those with COVID-19-related symptoms (cough, fever, loss of smell/taste, muscle aches, runny nose, shortness of breath, or sore throat), our centers can evaluate and test you.
- For those without COVID-19-related symptoms, our centers offer elective COVID-19 testing (like testing for travel or before visiting family). Elective testing is $160 self-pay, paid at the time of service.
Learn more about our locations or check in online here.
What is the test like?
The test we use is the viral PCR test. It is done by swabbing your nose.
When should I expect my test results?
Results are usually available within 48-96 hours. The fastest way to see results is through the Mass General Brigham Patient Gateway portal. Once the test analysis is complete, COVID-19 test results are immediately available in Patient Gateway.
Please note: positive test results are reported to the Department of Public Health. You may get a call from your local Board of Health or the Massachusetts COVID Team.
In response to COVID-19, Mass General Brigham has plans and resources in place to protect patients, employees, and the community. To learn more about what Mass General Brigham is doing, visit the Mass General Brigham website.